"PLASTER MOLDER II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Forms plaster molds, used to make metal castings, using molder's handtools, patterns, and flasks: Mixes plaster powder and water according to specified formula.
- 2) Places cope and drag on molding table.
- 3) Places drag half of pattern in drag.
- 4) Pours liquid plaster into drag, removes excess plaster, using straightedge, and allows mold to harden.
- 5) Assembles cope half of pattern to drag half of pattern in mold.
- 6) Places cope on drag and makes depressions in plaster around drag pattern to ensure accurate joining of mold halves for casting.
- 7) Brushes parting agent on surfaces of mold, pattern, and flask, and pours liquid plaster into cope.
- 8) Separates cope and drag after specified time and removes pattern.
- 9) Repairs cracks and broken edges of mold, using molder's handtools, such as spoon, trowel, and slick.
- 10) May cut gates and risers in mold after mold is baked.
- 11) May position cores in drag and assemble mold.
- 12) May pour molten metal into molds, using hand ladle.
- 13) Makes plaster cores by pouring plaster in core box and clamping box shut.
- 14) May cast plaster molds from rubber molds, spraying parting agent on mold face and pouring plaster into drag and cope.
Is being a "PLASTER MOLDER II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLASTER MOLDER II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLASTER MOLDER II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLASTER MOLDER II"
Job Number: 7547