Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts research in nature, cause, and control of plant diseases and decay of plant products: Studies and compares healthy and diseased plants to determine symptoms of diseased condition.
- 2) Inoculates healthy plants with culture of suspected agents taken from diseased plants and studies effects to determine agents responsible for disease.
- 3) Isolates disease-causing agent, studies habits and life cycle, and devises methods of destroying or controlling agent.
- 4) Studies rates of spread and intensity of disease under different conditions of soil, climate, and geography, and predicts outbreaks of plant diseases.
- 5) Determines kinds of plants and insects that harbor or transmit disease.
- 6) Studies losses from deterioration of perishable plant products in transit or storage and develops practices to prevent or reduce losses.
- 7) Determines presence of disease producing agents in seed stocks to reduce losses from seed borne diseases.
- 8) May specialize in type of plant affected, such as cereal crops, fruit, or forest trees, or by type of disease, such as bacterial, virus, fungus, mycoplasma, or nematode.
- 9) May inspect flower and vegetable seeds and flowering bulbs for diseases, infections, and insect injuries.
Is being a "PLANT PATHOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLANT PATHOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLANT PATHOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLANT PATHOLOGIST"
Job Number: 7539