"PLANT OPERATOR, FURNACE PROCESS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls semiautomatic furnaces and auxiliary equipment to produce carbon black by partial combustion of crude oil, natural gas, or mixture of both: Notifies UNIT OPERATORS to start or shut down equipment units, such as reactors, quenchers, precipitators, cyclones, and filters to maintain efficient production.
- 2) Monitors pyrometers, recording meters, and other gauges to verify process conditions as indicated by control panel instruments.
- 3) Turns valves and moves switches on central control panel to regulate temperature, pressure, and flow of fuel and air in reactors, and to transfer accumulated carbon black through auxiliary units to produce carbon black of specified type and grade.
- 4) Tours plant area to verify that equipment is operating as indicated by central control panel.
- 5) Records instrument readings in operating log and reports abnormal conditions to supervisory personnel.
- 6) Gives directions to crew during manual operation of equipment to maintain production or verify accuracy of instrumentized controls.
Is being a "PLANT OPERATOR, FURNACE PROCESS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLANT OPERATOR, FURNACE PROCESS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLANT OPERATOR, FURNACE PROCESS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLANT OPERATOR, FURNACE PROCESS"
Job Number: 7538