Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cares for ornamental plants on various customer premises, applying knowledge of horticultural requirements, and using items such as insecticides, fertilizers, and gardening tools: Reads work orders and supply requisitions to determine job requirements, and confers with supervisor to clarify work procedures.
- 2) Loads plants and supplies onto truck in order of scheduled stops, using handtruck.
- 3) Drives truck to premises and carries needed supplies to work area.
- 4) Examines plants and soil to determine moisture level, using water sensor gauge, and waters plants according to requirements of species, using hose and watering can.
- 5) Sponges plant leaves to apply moisture and remove dust.
- 6) Observes plants under magnifying glass to detect insects and disease, and consults plant care books or confers with supervisor to identify problems and determine treatments.
- 7) Selects and applies specified chemical solutions to feed plants, kill insects, and treat diseases, using hose or mist-sprayer.
- 8) Transplants root-bound plants into larger containers.
- 9) Pinches and prunes stems and leaves to remove dead and diseased leaves, to shape plants, and to induce growth, using shears.
- 10) Removes diseased and dying plants from premises and replaces them with healthy plants.
- 11) Informs customer of plant care needs.
- 12) Enters record of actions taken at each stop in route book and prepares requisitions for materials needed on subsequent visit.
- 13) Returns diseased, dying, and unused plants and supplies to employer premises.
Is being a "PLANT-CARE WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLANT-CARE WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLANT-CARE WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLANT-CARE WORKER"
Job Number: 7542