Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates planishing press to impart finish to plastic sheets: Selects metal plates according to finish desired.
- 2) Places plastic sheets between metal planishing plates.
- 3) Slides plates into platens of hydraulic press.
- 4) Moves controls or inserts circular graph into controlling mechanism of press to heat press to specified temperature and compress plastic sheets between plates.
- 5) Removes plates from platens after specified time and strips plastic sheets from metal plates, using knife.
- 6) Examines sheets for defects.
- 7) Cleans metal plates, using cloths, solvents, or scrapers, or dips plates into vat of hot water, using chain hoist.
- 8) May adjust heat and pressure controls.
- 9) May be designated according to purpose of pressing as Sheet Straightener.
Is being a "PLANISHING-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLANISHING-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLANISHING-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLANISHING-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7532