"PLANER-TYPE-MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates planer-type milling machine that moves workpiece back and forth against rigidly held rotating cutters to mill workpieces, such as castings and machine parts, according to knowledge of planer-mill operating procedures: Studies blueprints or layout on workpiece to determine machine set-up, and sequence of machining operations.
- 2) Lifts workpiece, using hoist, to position on machine bed.
- 3) Secures workpiece in holding fixture, using wrenches, and verifies position, using gauges, calipers, or square.
- 4) Selects cutting tool and mounts it in spindle, using handtools.
- 5) Adjusts controls to set feed rate, speed of cutting tool, and depth of cut.
- 6) Turns controls to position cutting tool relative to workpiece, starts machine, and engages automatic feed.
- 7) Observes operation, stops machine to change cutting tool, and adjust controls.
- 8) Verifies conformance of workpiece to finished specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- 9) Removes workpiece from machine bed.
Is being a "PLANER-TYPE-MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLANER-TYPE-MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLANER-TYPE-MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLANER-TYPE-MILLING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7527