Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates planing machine to shape, smooth, and square surface of stone blocks and slabs: Positions stone block on machine bed, using hoist, and secures it in place on bed with clamps.
- 2) Measures and marks stone, using pattern, tape measure, and marking pencil.
- 3) Installs and adjusts cutting tool in machine chuck, using wrench, and starts machine.
- 4) Pulls levers and turns wheels to regulate cutting speed and depth of cut.
- 5) Cuts specified design by hand in portion of stone that cannot be cut by machine, and smooths edges of stone, using mallet, chisel, and file.
- 6) May shape and sharpen cutting tools on grindstone according to specifications.
- 7) May replace worn or broken parts, using handtools, and lubricate machine.
Is being a "PLANER, STONE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLANER, STONE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLANER, STONE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLANER, STONE"
Job Number: 7526