Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates power-fed facer or planer machine to surface and size woodstock used in furniture production: Selects and installs knives in cutterhead according to work order, using wrenches and gauges.
- 2) Turns handwheels to adjust table level, pressure bars, and feed rolls according to depth of cut and thickness of stock.
- 3) Starts planer, and positions woodstock on conveyor or inserts woodstock between feed rolls that carry woodstock through planer.
- 4) Inspects and feels planed woodstock to verify smoothness of cut and thickness of stock, using gauge and rule.
- 5) May sharpen cutters on abrasive wheel or stone.
- 6) May operate circular saw to remove woodstock defects, such as splits and holes, and to square ends of stock prior to processing boards through planer.
- 7) May signal coworker to stop feeding stock into planer when jams occur.
Is being a "PLANER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLANER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLANER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLANER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7524