Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines commercial and private building plans and inspects construction sites to ensure compliance with building code regulations: Reviews building plans for completeness and accuracy.
- 2) Examines individual plan components to ensure that all code mandated items are included.
- 3) Calculates footage between building components, such as doors, windows, and parking areas and amount of area occupied by components to ensure compliance with code.
- 4) Notes instances of noncompliance on plans and correction sheet and suggests modifications to bring plans into compliance.
- 5) Approves and signs plans meeting code requirements.
- 6) Inspects building sites and buildings to ensure construction follows plans.
- 7) Submits reports detailing items of noncompliance to builder for correction.
- 8) Provides code information to individuals planning buildings.
- 9) Issues occupancy certificates to building owners when completed buildings are in compliance with codes.
- 10) Tours jurisdictional area to detect unapproved or noncompliance construction.
- 11) Proposes studies to improve or update building codes.
- 12) Testifies at appeal hearings regarding buildings alleged to be not in compliance with codes.
Is being a "PLAN CHECKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLAN CHECKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLAN CHECKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLAN CHECKER"
Job Number: 7522