Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in strip or pit mining or in quarrying: Studies contour maps and aerial photographs to determine locations for roads and cuts.
- 2) Supervises road construction crew and lays out blast pattern.
- 3) Supervises drilling and shooting crews in drilling blast holes and detonation of charges.
- 4) Plans location of spoil pile to allow maximum room for stripping.
- 5) Coordinates stripping, drilling, blasting, quarrying, and loading activities, and assists workers with faulty equipment.
- 6) Determines property lines and legal limits of operations in order to comply with rights of adjoining property owners and mining laws.
- 7) Schedules running and major repair work on drilling machine and stripping and loading shovels.
- 8) Requisitions supplies, such as explosives, lubricants, bits, and machine parts.
- 9) Observes mining operation to detect violation of safety regulations and compiles safety and production records.
- 10) May supervise crushing operations.
- 11) May train new workers.
- 12) May be designated according to specific work performed as Supervisor, Drilling And Shooting; Supervisor, Blasting.
- 13) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "PIT SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PIT SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PIT SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PIT SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 7518