"PIPE-ORGAN TUNER AND REPAIRER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tunes and services pipe organs: Directs helper to depress organ console key and strikes tuning fork to sound A above Middle C.
- 2) Adjusts pitch of organ A pipes to conform with pitch of tuning fork and adjusts pitch of other pipes with references to pitch of other pipes with reference to pitch of tuned pipes by any combination of following methods: Raises or lowers tuning slides and stoppers of metal and wooden pipes.
- 3) Rolls or unrolls curled strips of metal across tuning holes of metal pipes.
- 4) Pinches or spreads metal lips that protrude from mouths of metal pipes.
- 5) Flares or closes metal pipes, using cone-shaped tool.
- 6) Cleans pipes, using vacuum cleaner, and repairs or replaces worn parts of pipes, console, bellows, and blower, using handtools and power tools, such as pliers and electric sander.
- 7) May assemble and install new pipe organs in buildings, such as churches and theatres.
Is being a "PIPE-ORGAN TUNER AND REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PIPE-ORGAN TUNER AND REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PIPE-ORGAN TUNER AND REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PIPE-ORGAN TUNER AND REPAIRER"
Job Number: 7513