"PIPE FITTER, DIESEL ENGINE I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs oil, air, fuel, and water lines on diesel engines, using blueprints and process documents to determine pipe size, location of connection, and angles of bends: Cuts pipe and bends to specified angle, using tube bending machine.
- 2) Brazes connections to pipe, using holding fixtures and gas furnace.
- 3) Bolts pipe to pipe supports on engine, using wrenches.
- 4) Brazes or welds pipe to engine, using acetylene and arc welding equipment.
- 5) May visually estimate angles and bend small pipe and tubing to conform to curvature of engine, using bending fixtures and handtools.
- 6) May fabricate piping for stock.
- 7) May replace worn or broken pipes on diesel engines.
Is being a "PIPE FITTER, DIESEL ENGINE I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PIPE FITTER, DIESEL ENGINE I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PIPE FITTER, DIESEL ENGINE I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PIPE FITTER, DIESEL ENGINE I"
Job Number: 7493