Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to cut, thread, and ream pipes, and assembles pipes, according to blueprints, to form mobile home water system, using handtools: Measures and marks pipes to be cut and threaded, using tape measure and pencil.
- 2) Positions and secures pipe in chuck of machine.
- 3) Starts machine and turns handwheel to engage pipe with dies that cut threads.
- 4) Pulls lever to lubricate pipes and dies, and turns handwheel to activate reaming tool to burr inside of pipe.
- 5) Moves lever to open dies, and turns handwheel to disengage dies from pipe.
- 6) Repositions pipe in chuck and aligns cutting wheels with mark on pipe.
- 7) Starts machine and turns handle to apply pressure on cutting wheels.
- 8) Applies sealing compound to threads and fittings with brush and joins pipes in sequence specified, according to blueprints, to form water system, using wrench and vise.
Is being a "PIPE CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PIPE CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PIPE CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PIPE CUTTER"
Job Number: 7489