Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates pipe cleaning and priming machine to clean rust, scale, and dirt from pipelines, and to apply prime coating of hot asphalt: Selects cleaning and priming head to fit pipe and bolts them to machine-driven pulley.
- 2) Bolts scraping knives and steel wire brushes to inside of cleaning head and bristle brushes inside priming head.
- 3) Adjusts spring tension on knives and brushes with handtools.
- 4) Signals TRACTOR OPERATOR to lift and slide pipe cleaning and priming machine over end of pipe.
- 5) Starts engine and moves levers to rotate cleaning and priming heads around pipe, and to propel machine along pipeline.
- 6) Opens valve to start flow of hot asphalt coating onto pipe surfaces.
- 7) May operate machine to remove heavy deposits of scale, rust, or other foreign matter from pipes preparatory to cleaning and coating and be designated Pipe-Cleaning-Machine Operator.
Is being a "PIPE-CLEANING-AND-PRIMING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PIPE-CLEANING-AND-PRIMING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PIPE-CLEANING-AND-PRIMING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PIPE-CLEANING-AND-PRIMING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7502