Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Changes, rotates, and cleans pipes that carry materials, such as concentrate slurry and tailings throughout iron ore processing plant: Removes bolted couplings or flanges and changes precut pipe sections or replaces hoses on cyclone feed and discharge lines, concentrate lines, and tailings lines, using wrenches, chain hoist, and impact wrench.
- 2) Loosens bolted couplings and rotates pipe, using chain wrench so that inner pipe surfaces are worn evenly by abrasive slurry.
- 3) Stencils direction and date of rotation on pipe.
- 4) Inserts pipe cleaner into pipe through trap and notifies pumping section to start material flow to force cleaner through pipe to clean out deposits.
- 5) Removes cleaner at end of pipe.
- 6) Disassembles, transports, and reassembles pipe sections in new mining areas, using handtools.
Is being a "PIPE CHANGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PIPE CHANGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PIPE CHANGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PIPE CHANGER"
Job Number: 7487