Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine to cut, croze, slot, shape, and incise materials for prefabricated wooden tanks or pipes: Lays out materials for tank bottoms and clamps material together on platform, using screw clamps.
- 2) Bolts machine pivot to center of work material and attaches radial-arm bandsaw to pivot, using overhead hoist.
- 3) Starts saw and removes clamps and sawed pieces as saw moves around radius of tank bottom material.
- 4) Removes saw, attaches shaper to radial-arm, and bevels outside edges of material.
- 5) Saws pipe and tank stave material to specified size, using trim saw.
- 6) Operates straight or curve line crozing machine to bevel or croze end of tank staves that fit into bevel on bottom of tank.
- 7) Operates stave slotting machine to cut slots in ends of staves.
- 8) Inserts wood or metal splines in slotted ends of staves by hand.
- 9) Operates incising machine to incise straight or curved staves and tank pieces for wood preserving treatment.
- 10) Measures and cuts plates, rafters, trusses, headers, center posts and hatches for flat or conical roofs on tanks, using bandsaw, shaper, jointer, drill press, and handtools.
- 11) Constructs wooden floats and measuring boards for liquid level indicators on tanks.
- 12) May operate dowel-boring machine.
- 13) May operate radial shaping machine to form laminated rings for wooden pipe.
Is being a "PIPE-AND-TANK FABRICATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PIPE-AND-TANK FABRICATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PIPE-AND-TANK FABRICATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PIPE-AND-TANK FABRICATOR"
Job Number: 7501