Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends lathe that polishes leaves, pivots, or staffs of clock pinions: Clamps part in chuck of lathe.
- 2) Starts lathe and swings tool rest into position.
- 3) Forces slip of bell metal against rotating part to smooth surface.
- 4) Repeats process, polishing part with slip of oilstone and buffing part with rouge to produce smooth, even surface.
- 5) Examines part for surface defects, using loupe and tweezers.
- 6) May be designated according to part polished as Pivot Polisher.
Is being a "PINION POLISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PINION POLISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PINION POLISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PINION POLISHER"
Job Number: 7476