Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates piercing machine to shape metal tubes from billets or enlarge inside diameter of shells according to job order or blueprints: Selects, positions, and adjusts piercing rolls, which rotate and shape outside of tube, using hoists, wrenches, measuring instruments, and knowledge of metal properties.
- 2) Attaches specified piercing point to arbor to form and control size of internal diameter of tube.
- 3) Adjusts feed guides, stops, tailstock, and arbor rings according to size of workpiece, using handtools.
- 4) Moves levers to control movement of heated billet as it advances through rolls and over piercing point.
- 5) Measures finished workpiece to verify conformance to specifications, using calipers, fixed gauges, and micrometers.
- 6) May be specified by employer according to experience with particular material worked or machine operated.
Is being a "PIERCING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PIERCING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PIERCING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PIERCING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7458