"PICKLER, CONTINUOUS PICKLING LINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and controls continuous pickling or electrolytic-cleaning line to remove dirt, oil, and scale from coils of brass, copper, or steel strip and wire: Turns valve to add acid to processing tanks and shovels inhibitor into tanks to obtain baths of specified acid concentration.
- 2) Installs and adjusts guides, pinch and leveler rolls, and side shears on processing line, according to specified dimensions of coils to be cleaned, using handtools.
- 3) Moves controls to regulate speed of coil through line, to shear coil on each side of weld or stitch, and to remove coil from upcoiler machine.
- 4) Verifies dimensions of pickled coils, using micrometer and measuring tapes.
- 5) Examines surface of coils to verify removal of dirt, oil, and scale.
- 6) Tests solution concentration in baths, using titration test equipment, and adjusts processing line controls to ensure conformance to specifications.
- 7) May be designated according to type of line controlled as Electrolytic De-Scaler.
Is being a "PICKLER, CONTINUOUS PICKLING LINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PICKLER, CONTINUOUS PICKLING LINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PICKLER, CONTINUOUS PICKLING LINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PICKLER, CONTINUOUS PICKLING LINE"
Job Number: 7451