Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends battery of picker machines that break up and clean cotton or synthetic fibers, form them into lap II, and wind lap into rolls: Starts machine and pulls cord to open gate of hopper through which cotton tufts feed onto conveyor of machine or hand feeds cotton tufts onto conveyor.
- 2) Moves levers to regulate weight, length of lap, and speed of machine.
- 3) Observes and regulates speed of conveyor as conveyor feeds machine to prevent jamming.
- 4) Inserts metal bar in lap arbor of automatic winding mechanism that winds and ejects lap rolls of specified size.
- 5) Turns end of lap around lap forming bar by hand, when necessary.
- 6) Lifts roll of lap from machine, weighs roll of lap, records weight, places roll on portable rack, and removes pin around which lap was wound.
- 7) Marks lap to identify fiber type, using specified chalk.
- 8) Cleans and oils machine.
- 9) May tend machines that open, clean, fluff, and mix cotton or synthetic fibers prior to picking process.
Is being a "PICKER TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PICKER TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PICKER TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PICKER TENDER"
Job Number: 7443