Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tunes pianos in private and public establishments, using tuning fork and tuning hammer: Removes board from front of piano to expose strings.
- 2) Places strips of felt or rubber between strings nearest to string to be tested to mute them.
- 3) Strikes middle C and compares pitch with that of standard tuning fork.
- 4) Turns string pin with tuning hammer to adjust tension on string until pitch of string and tuning fork correspond.
- 5) Tunes remaining notes by comparing them with middle C and each other.
- 6) May make initial adjustment of piano strings in factory.
Is being a "PIANO TUNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PIANO TUNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PIANO TUNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PIANO TUNER"
Job Number: 7438