Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of physician: Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- 2) Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- 3) Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- 4) Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- 5) Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- 6) May have training in particular medical specialty and be designated Anesthesiologist Assistant or Surgeon Assistant.
Is being a "PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 7429