"PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares patients for physical therapy treatments, assists PHYSICAL THERAPIST or PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT during administration of treatments, and provides routine treatments: Assists patients to dress, undress, and put on and remove supportive devices, such as braces, splints, and slings, before and after treatments.
- 2) Secures patients into or onto therapy equipment.
- 3) Safeguards, motivates, and assists patients practicing exercises and functional activities under direction of professional staff.
- 4) Provides routine treatments, such as hydrotherapy, hot and cold packs, and paraffin bath.
- 5) Transports patients to and from treatment area.
- 6) Cleans work area and equipment after treatment.
- 7) May record treatment given and equipment used.
- 8) May inventory and requisition supplies and equipment.
- 9) May adjust fit of supportive devices for patients, as instructed.
- 10) May be assigned to specific type of treatment or patient service and be designated Physical Therapy Aide, Hydrotherapy; Physical Therapy Aide, Transport.
Is being a "PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE"
Job Number: 7427