"PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Administers physical therapy treatments to patients, working under direction of and as assistant to PHYSICAL THERAPIST : Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments, such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs.
- 2) Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and static traction equipment.
- 3) Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities, such as preambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily-living activities.
- 4) Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and reports orally or in writing to PHYSICAL THERAPIST.
- 5) Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- 6) Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- 7) Gives orientation to new PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANTS and directs and gives instructions to PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDES.
- 8) Performs clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
- 9) May measure patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist PHYSICAL THERAPIST to compile data for patient evaluations.
- 10) May monitor treatments administered by PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDES.
Is being a "PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 7426