Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates photostat machine to duplicate printed material, such as manuscripts: Places roll of sensitized paper in machine.
- 2) Measures length and width of material to be copied, using rule.
- 3) Computes percentage of enlargement or reproduction necessary, using chart or percentage scale.
- 4) Mounts material on easel beneath lens, turns on light, and moves controls to focus lens on material.
- 5) Estimates exposure time, according to size of lens aperture, grade of sensitized paper, and intensity of light.
- 6) Places filter over lens to make color separation when copying color work.
- 7) Sets automatic timer and starts exposure.
- 8) Rolls exposed section of sensitized paper into developer tank inside machine and presses lever to cut section from roll.
- 9) Turns crank to transfer print to pan of hypo attached to machine.
- 10) Examines print for sharpness of line.
- 11) Rinses developed print in water and places print in heated drying cabinet, between blotters, or on heated cylinders of roll-dryer.
- 12) Trims excess margin from dried print, using cutting blade.
Is being a "PHOTOSTAT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHOTOSTAT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHOTOSTAT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHOTOSTAT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7421