"PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles, repairs, tests, and maintains still and motion picture cameras and photographic equipment according to customer, blueprint, or work order specifications, using handtools, bench machines, and test equipment: Reads diagrammatic and verbal specifications to determine repairs needed and sequence of operations.
- 2) Inspects cameras and equipment to locate defects, using jewelers' loupe.
- 3) Disassembles cameras to gain access to defects.
- 4) Tests focus of lens system, using optical measuring equipment, and adjusts and repairs lens system to correct defective focusing, using handtools.
- 5) Measures camera shutter speed, using electronic measuring instrument, and adjusts shutter mechanism to manufacturer's specifications, using handtools.
- 6) Compares light meter readings with readings of light measuring instrument to verify accuracy of camera light meters.
- 7) Adjusts light meters to correct defective readings, using handtools.
- 8) Measures operating speed of movie cameras, using frequency counter and turns camera speed control, using screwdriver, to correct defective operation.
- 9) Cleans and lubricates cameras and polishes camera lenses, using air gun, ultrasonic cleaning device, cloth, syringe, and tissue paper.
- 10) May fabricate parts for cameras and related equipment, using machines, such as bench lathe, milling machines, cutters, and grinders.
Is being a "PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 7412