Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Photographs subjects, using still cameras, color or black-and-white film, and variety of photographic accessories: Selects and assembles equipment according to subject material, anticipated conditions, and knowledge of function and limitations of various types of cameras, lenses, films, and accessories.
- 2) Views subject and setting and plans composition, camera position, and camera angle to produce desired effect.
- 3) Arranges subject material, poses subject, or maneuvers into position to take candid photo.
- 4) Estimates or measures light level, using light meter or creates artificial lighting with flash units, lights, and lighting equipment.
- 5) Adjusts lens aperture and shutter speed based on combination of factors, such as lighting, depth of field, subject motion, and film speed.
- 6) Determines subject-to-lens distance, using tape measure, range finder, ground glass, or reflex viewing system to adjust focus.
- 7) Positions camera and trips shutter to expose film.
- 8) May calculate variables, such as exposure time, exposure interval, filter effect, and color temperature using tables, standard formulas, and mechanical or electronic measuring instruments.
- 9) May make adjustments to camera, lens, or equipment to compensate for factors, such as distorted perspective and parallax.
- 10) May design, build, arrange, or secure properties and settings to be used as background for subject material.
- 11) May direct activities of other workers.
- 12) May mix chemicals, process film and photographic paper, and make contact and enlarged prints.
- 13) May spot and retouch prints and negatives.
- 14) May conceive and plan photographic sequence for effective presentation.
- 15) May specialize in particular type of photography, such as illustrative, fashion, architectural, or portrait.
- 16) May be required to have detailed knowledge of use and characteristics of various types of film, including specialty films, such as infrared.
Is being a "PHOTOGRAPHER, STILL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHOTOGRAPHER, STILL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHOTOGRAPHER, STILL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHOTOGRAPHER, STILL"
Job Number: 7409