Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates camera to photograph drawings, sketches, or other material to produce negatives for transfer to printing plates, rollers, or printed circuit boards: Mounts copy on holder, aligning centerline on copy with centerline on holder.
- 2) Studies copy and order sheet to determine photographic techniques required to transfer desired effect onto film, according to plate or roller dimensions, type of design, colors in design, and engraving requirements.
- 3) Computes camera settings required to reproduce sketch to specified scale according to dimensions of printing plates or rollers.
- 4) Focuses camera, compensating for difference in size and distortions in copy.
- 5) Measures opening in back of camera to verify settings, using steel tape.
- 6) Positions film on vacuum board, closes board against back of camera, and locks board in position.
- 7) Arranges arc lamps for even distribution of light and exposes film for specified length of time.
- 8) Removes exposed film from camera and develops film in series of developing, rinsing, and fixing baths, or using automatic film processing equipment.
- 9) Compares developed film with design to determine whether desired effect has been reproduced.
- 10) Hangs film on line to dry.
- 11) When producing negatives for halftone printing, inserts screen in front of film to reduce copy to dots for reproduction.
- 12) When producing multicolor prints, fits color filters over lens.
- 13) May process sensitized metal plates for subsequent etching.
Is being a "PHOTOGRAPHER, PHOTOENGRAVING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHOTOGRAPHER, PHOTOENGRAVING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHOTOGRAPHER, PHOTOENGRAVING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHOTOGRAPHER, PHOTOENGRAVING"
Job Number: 7407