Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, coordinates, and directs activities of workers concerned with conducting aerial surveys and preparing topographic materials from aerial photographs and other data: Analyzes survey objectives and specifications, utilizing knowledge of survey uses, such as municipal and ecological planning, property and utility mapping, and petroleum and mineral exploration.
- 2) Selects most appropriate and economical survey methods, using knowledge of capabilities of aerial photography and applications of remote sensing.
- 3) Estimates cost of survey.
- 4) Advises customers and department supervisors regarding flights for aerial photography and plans for ground surveys designed to establish base lines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- 5) Prepares charts and tables for aerial navigation, to specify flight path, altitude, and airspeed of camera-carrying aircraft.
- 6) Computes geodetic measurements and interprets survey data from ground or aerial photographs or remote-sensing images to determine position, shape, and elevation of geomorphic and topographic features.
- 7) Conducts research in surveying and mapping methods and procedures, using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation, electronic data processing, and flight and control planning.
- 8) May direct one or more phases of technical operations concerned with preparing survey proposals, negotiating with clients, scheduling activities, conducting surveys, processing data, reviewing work quality, and training and assigning personnel.
Is being a "PHOTOGRAMMETRIC ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHOTOGRAMMETRIC ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHOTOGRAMMETRIC ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHOTOGRAMMETRIC ENGINEER"
Job Number: 7396