Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Blocks out, re-etches, or intensifies designs to refine or repair copper, zinc, aluminum, and magnesium photoengraved printing plates according to copy and specifications, using artist's brushes and hand engraving and burnishing tools: Applies chalk to engraved surface and examines cut under magnifying glass to detect damaged halftone dots and evaluate quality of etching against copy.
- 2) Outlines images, cuts border, blocks out backgrounds, and raises halftone dots, using engraving tools.
- 3) Burnishes high halftone dots to correct defects in printing quality and contrast of cut, using burnishing tools.
- 4) Repairs breaks in type, using handtools.
- 5) May re-etch or re-engrave photographic plates to correct color tone valves or to intensify designs, using etching machine or engraver's handtools.
- 6) May make proofs of completed monochrome and multicolor plates.
Is being a "PHOTOENGRAVING FINISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHOTOENGRAVING FINISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHOTOENGRAVING FINISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHOTOENGRAVING FINISHER"
Job Number: 7391