Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates grinding machines to grind and polishes precious-stone tips of phonograph needles to specified point and finish: Mounts tip in holding shank, using tweezers, chemical dropper, and soldering iron.
- 2) Sets up grinding wheel, dresses wheel with dressing tool, mounts shank containing tip in spindle or chuck, and grinds tip to form specified point, observing grinding under microscope or through loupe or viewing lens.
- 3) Polishes tip on buffing wheel.
- 4) May hold mounted tip against preset grinding wheel to do preliminary grinding.
- 5) May examine finished tip for accuracy, using shadowgraph.
Is being a "PHONOGRAPH-NEEDLE-TIP MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHONOGRAPH-NEEDLE-TIP MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHONOGRAPH-NEEDLE-TIP MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHONOGRAPH-NEEDLE-TIP MAKER"
Job Number: 7375