Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Draws blood from patients or donors in hospital, blood bank, or similar facility for analysis or other medical purposes: Assembles equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
- 2) Verifies or records identity of patient or donor and converses with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure.
- 3) Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube or bag.
- 4) Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
- 5) May prick finger to draw blood.
- 6) May conduct interviews, take vital signs, and draw and test blood samples to screen donors at blood bank.
Is being a "PHLEBOTOMIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHLEBOTOMIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHLEBOTOMIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHLEBOTOMIST"
Job Number: 7373