Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care, according to professional standards and state and federal legal requirements: Reviews prescriptions issued by physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- 2) Compounds medications, using standard formulas and processes, such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
- 3) Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- 4) Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- 5) Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- 6) Enters data, such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
- 7) May assay medications to determine identity, purity, and strength.
- 8) May instruct interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy, or teach in college of pharmacy.
Is being a "PHARMACIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PHARMACIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PHARMACIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PHARMACIST"
Job Number: 7367