Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates heart-lung machine in hospital to take over functions of patient's heart and lungs during surgery or respiratory failure: Reviews patient medical history and chart, and consults with surgeon or physician to obtain patient information needed to set up heart-lung machine and associated equipment.
- 2) Selects, assembles, sets up, and tests heart-lung machine to ensure that machine and associated equipment function according to specifications.
- 3) Operates heart-lung machine to regulate blood circulation and composition, to administer drugs and anesthetic agents, and to control body temperature during surgery or respiratory failure of patient.
- 4) Monitors and observes operation of heart-lung machine and patient's physiologic variables such as blood temperature, blood composition, and flow rate, and adjusts equipment to maintain normal body functions.
- 5) Cleans and adjusts parts of heart-lung machine.
Is being a "PERFUSIONIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PERFUSIONIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PERFUSIONIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PERFUSIONIST"
Job Number: 7345