"PERFORATOR OPERATOR, OIL WELL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates truck-mounted hoisting equipment and electrical control panel to position and explode charges in oil or gas wells to pierce drill pipes, casings, tubings, and fracture earth formations: Assembles tools and equipment at well site, using handtools.
- 2) Lowers perforating gun into well, using hoist.
- 3) Observes odometer, weight indicator, and instrument panel in truck, and positions gun at predetermined point in well.
- 4) Moves controls at panelboard to detonate charge in gun which propels bullets through wall of bore to pierce or fracture oil- or gas-bearing formations, or to ignite chemical charge which burns fissures in rock formations for passage of oil or processing fluid, such as mud or cement.
- 5) Observes instrument on control panel to verify detonation of charge in gun.
- 6) Repairs electrical instruments, using electrician's handtools.
- 7) Loads perforating guns at well site for special shots.
Is being a "PERFORATOR OPERATOR, OIL WELL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PERFORATOR OPERATOR, OIL WELL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PERFORATOR OPERATOR, OIL WELL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PERFORATOR OPERATOR, OIL WELL"
Job Number: 7342