Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles payroll data, and enters data or computes and posts wages, and reconciles errors, to maintain payroll records, using computer or calculator: Compiles payroll data, such as hours worked, sales or piecework, taxes, insurance, and union dues to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- 2) Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions, using calculator, and posts to payroll records.
- 3) Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- 4) Records changes affecting net wages, such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- 5) Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- 6) May prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- 7) May prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- 8) May keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- 9) May prepare and issue paychecks.
Is being a "PAYROLL CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PAYROLL CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PAYROLL CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PAYROLL CLERK"
Job Number: 3370