Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates patterns, fixtures, jigs, and templates, used in producing plastic articles, from wood or metal stock, following blueprints and using handtools, power tools, and measuring instruments: Lays out cutting lines on stock, using scribe, compass, rule, triangles, and French curves.
- 2) Cuts stock, using power saw, power shear, and handtools.
- 3) Assembles pieces, using rivets, bolts, nails, or glue.
- 4) Smooths surface of assembly, using plane and power sander.
- 5) Verifies dimensions of assembly, using calipers, rule, and compass.
- 6) Sprays coat of parting agent, such as sealing lacquer or wax on surface of assembly.
- 7) May cover pattern with plastic-impregnated fabric to make preforms.
- 8) May remove preform from pattern when plastic has cured, using airhose.
Is being a "PATTERNMAKER, PLASTICS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PATTERNMAKER, PLASTICS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PATTERNMAKER, PLASTICS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PATTERNMAKER, PLASTICS"
Job Number: 7311