Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates foundry patterns from various materials, such as wood, metal, and plastic, for use in forming molds for castings, according to blueprint specifications and using various machine tools, power tools, and handtools: Studies blueprint of part to be cast, computes dimensions, and plans sequence of operations depending upon material specified for pattern.
- 2) Measures, marks, and scribes layout on metal casting or woodstock.
- 3) Sets up and operates various wood and metal machine tools and other power tools to machine, cut, and shape stock or casting to specifications.
- 4) Pours or spreads materials into mold or over model of pattern or builds laminations of fiberglass cloth and plastic resin to fabricate patterns from assorted materials, such as plastic, plaster, or clay.
- 5) Assembles pattern sections, using fasteners, such as nails, screws, bolts, glue, or glass cloth and resin.
- 6) Shapes workpiece to specified finish, using handtools and power tools, such as scrapers, files, sanders, grinders, rasps, and planer.
- 7) Verifies conformance of finished pattern to blueprint specifications, using templates and measuring instruments, such as scales, calipers, micrometer, and protractor.
- 8) Applies protective finish or paints pattern sections to indicate method of assembly.
- 9) Repairs broken or damaged patterns and corrects patterns to compensate for defects in castings.
- 10) Constructs templates for layout and inspection.
Is being a "PATTERNMAKER, ALL-AROUND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PATTERNMAKER, ALL-AROUND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PATTERNMAKER, ALL-AROUND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PATTERNMAKER, ALL-AROUND"
Job Number: 7306