Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Draws and cuts out sets of patterns for specified ranges of garment sizes, grading master pattern for each size within set, using either of following methods: Obtains data from charts that specify modifications of master pattern dimensions necessary to produce patterns of various sizes.
- 2) Positions master pattern on paperboard and drafts reference points on paperboard to modify dimensions of master pattern, according to specification charts, using drafting instruments.
- 3) Draws lines between reference points, producing outline of graded pattern.
- 4) Positions master pattern in clamp of grading device and places paperboard under pattern.
- 5) Turns knobs to set dial indicator at specified size and moves master pattern through series of reference points on paperboard.
- 6) Marks reference points on paperboard.
- 7) Draws lines between reference points, producing outline of graded pattern.
- 8) Marks location of notches in graded patterns that serve as guides for joining garment parts.
- 9) Cuts out graded patterns, using scissors, and marks garment size, sections, and style number on each pattern piece.
Is being a "PATTERN GRADER-CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PATTERN GRADER-CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PATTERN GRADER-CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PATTERN GRADER-CUTTER"
Job Number: 7285