Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies nature, cause, and development of diseases, and structural and functional changes caused by them: Diagnoses, from body tissue, fluids, secretions, and other specimens, presence and stage of disease, utilizing laboratory procedures.
- 2) Acts as consultant to other medical practitioners.
- 3) Performs autopsies to determine nature and extent of disease, cause of death, and effects of treatment.
- 4) May direct activities of pathology department in medical school, hospital, clinic, medical examiner's office, or research institute.
- 5) May be designated according to specialty as Clinical Pathologist; Forensic Pathologist; Neuropathologist; Surgical Pathologist.
Is being a "PATHOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PATHOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PATHOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PATHOLOGIST"
Job Number: 7276