Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists ordained clergy in conducting worship services; provides spiritual guidance to church members; and plans and arranges educational, social, and recreational programs for congregation: Assists CLERGY MEMBER in conducting worship, wedding, funeral, and other services and in coordinating activities of lay participants, such as organist, choir, and ushers.
- 2) Visits church members in hospitals and convalescent facilities or at home to offer spiritual guidance and assistance, such as emergency financial aid or referral to community support services.
- 3) Assists CLERGY MEMBER and lay teachers in selecting books and reference materials for religious education classes and in adapting content to meet needs of different age groups.
- 4) May write and deliver sermons.
- 5) May teach history and doctrine of church to church members.
- 6) May assist CLERGY MEMBER in coordinating committees that oversee social and recreational programs.
Is being a "PASTORAL ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PASTORAL ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PASTORAL ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PASTORAL ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 7256