Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates pasting machine and dryer to apply specified amount of lead-oxide paste onto grids used in making storage battery plates: Stacks grids or multiple-grid panels on bench or in automatic feeding device.
- 2) Adjusts shoes on pasting machine to size of grid, using handtools.
- 3) Adjusts scraper blade and roller, according to thickness specified for plate, using wrenches.
- 4) Hoists carts of paste into position near machine and shovels paste into hopper.
- 5) Starts machine that automatically feeds grids or manually places grids between shoes.
- 6) Weighs wet plates on scale and changes elevation of scraper to produce plate of specified weight.
- 7) Installs device in machine that prevents pasting of center strip of panels and determines width of plates.
- 8) Sets temperature of dryer.
- 10) Changes conveyor belts or cheesecloth cover on roller, using handtools.
- 11) May tend machine that breaks finished double-grid plates into single units.
- 12) May segregate defective plates, stack acceptable plates in box, and set aside for curing period.
- 13) May clean edges and lugs of plates, using wire brush.
- 14) May mix lead-oxide powders, water, and acids into paste.
Is being a "PASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7255