Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs salvable mechanical parts of machines and equipment: Dismantles machinery, equipment, and parts, using handtools, such as hacksaws, files, reamers, wrenches and screwdrivers.
- 2) Inspects parts to determine salvageability or method of repairing or reworking parts.
- 3) Sets up and operates metalworking tools, such as engine lathes, milling, drilling, grinding, polishing, and buffing machines to repair parts.
- 4) Files, taps, reams, bends, and straightens, or uses other methods to recondition parts, using handtools.
- 5) Verifies dimensions and tolerances, using blueprints, scale, and precision-measuring instruments.
- 6) May reassemble parts, using handtools and power tools.
- 7) May direct cleaning, storing, and issuing of reclaimed parts, and packing of usable materials, such as metal sweepings.
- 8) May arrange for sale of scrap.
Is being a "PARTS SALVAGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PARTS SALVAGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PARTS SALVAGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PARTS SALVAGER"
Job Number: 7235