Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Administers life support care to sick and injured persons in prehospital setting as authorized and directed by physician: Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance.
- 2) Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulseless, nonbreathing patient, using defibrillator, or as directed by physician.
- 3) Monitors cardiac patient, using electrocardiograph.
- 4) Initiates intravenous fluids to administer medication or drugs, or to replace fluids lacking in body.
- 5) Performs endotracheal intubation to open airways and ventilate patient.
- 6) Administers injections of medications and drugs, following established protocols.
- 7) Inflates pneumatic anti-shock garment on patient to improve blood circulation.
- 8) Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and records patient's vital signs.
- 9) Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center.
- 10) Observes, records, and reports to physician patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- 11) May drive mobile intensive care unit to emergency scene.
- 12) May serve as team leader for EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIANS.
- 13) May communicate with physician and other medical personnel via radio-telephone.
Is being a "PARAMEDIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PARAMEDIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PARAMEDIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PARAMEDIC"
Job Number: 7214