Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Researches law, investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist LAWYER : Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes to prepare legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, initial and amended articles of incorporation, stock certificates and other securities, buy-sell agreements, closing papers and binders, deeds, and trust instruments for review, approval, and use by attorney.
- 2) Appraises and inventories real and personal property for estate planning.
- 3) Investigates facts and law of case to determine causes of action and to prepare case accordingly.
- 4) Files pleadings with court clerk.
- 5) Prepares affidavits of documents and maintains document file.
- 6) Delivers or directs delivery of subpoenas to witnesses and parties to action.
- 7) May direct and coordinate activities of law office employees.
- 8) May prepare office accounts and tax returns.
- 9) May specialize in litigation, probate, real estate, or corporation law.
- 10) May prepare real estate closing statement and assist in closing process.
- 11) May act as arbitrator and liaison between disputing parties.
- 12) May act as law librarian, keeping and monitoring legal volumes and ensuring legal volumes are up-to-date.
- 13) May search patent files to ascertain originality of patent application and be designated Patent Clerk.
Is being a "PARALEGAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PARALEGAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PARALEGAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PARALEGAL"
Job Number: 7213