Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates filter presses to separate oil of paraffin distillate from paraffin wax: Installs filter plates, using handtools, and turns handwheel to adjust hydraulic ram pressure.
- 2) Turns valve to regulate flow of chilled distillate into filter plates.
- 3) Starts machine to activate hydraulic rams that squeeze oil from distillate as wax solidifies.
- 4) Observes oil pressed from filter plates, and adjusts ram pressure to extract maximum amount of oil from wax.
- 5) Scrapes accumulated wax from filter plates into spiral conveyor that carries it to melting pan.
- 6) Turns valve to regulate flow of steam into melting pan to heat wax.
- 7) Starts pump to return salvaged distillate from tank to filter press for reprocessing.
- 8) May be designated according to phase of processing as Leak Operator, Paraffin Plant; Press Operator, Paraffin Plant.
Is being a "PARAFFIN-PLANT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PARAFFIN-PLANT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PARAFFIN-PLANT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PARAFFIN-PLANT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7211