Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Covers interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using handtools: Measures walls and ceiling to compute number and length of strips required to cover surface.
- 2) Sets up pasteboard and erects scaffolding.
- 3) Marks vertical guideline on wall to align first strip, using plumb bob and chalkline.
- 4) Smooths rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- 5) Fills holes and cracks with plaster, using trowel.
- 6) Removes paint, varnish, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solution.
- 7) Applies acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- 8) Applies sizing to waterproof porous surfaces, using brush, roller, or pasting machine.
- 9) Measures and cuts strips from roll of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razor.
- 10) Mixes paste to desired consistency and brushes paste on back of wallpaper or fabric, using paste brush.
- 11) Trims selvage from strips, using straightedge and trimming knife.
- 12) Places paste-coated strips on wall or ceiling to match adjacent edges of figured strips, and smooths strips with dry brush or felt-covered roller to remove wrinkles and bubbles.
- 13) Smooths joints with seam roller and trims excess material at ceiling and baseboard, using knife.
- 14) Removes old paper, using water, steam machine, or chemical remover and scraper.
- 15) May apply paint to interior or exterior surface of buildings.
Is being a "PAPERHANGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PAPERHANGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PAPERHANGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PAPERHANGER"
Job Number: 7196