Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up pantograph machines to transfer designs in reduced form from zinc plates to varnished cloth-printing rollers: Inserts mandrel through roller and lifts roller onto headstocks on machine carriage, using electric hoist.
- 2) Aligns centerline on zinc plate with centerline on machine table and tacks plate to table.
- 3) Moves pantograph tracing arm through series of reference points on zinc plate and moves dimension levers backward or forward to adjust pantograph for specified reduction in scale of design.
- 4) Tightens levers in position, using handtools.
- 5) Positions diamond point on machine crossbar, moves tracing arm through reference points on zinc plate, and depresses pedal to mark corresponding marks on varnished roller.
- 6) Aligns succeeding diamond point with marks on roller.
- 7) Repeats procedure until diamond point has been spaced on crossbar for each side-repeat of pattern.
- 8) Tightens diamond points in position, using pliers.
- 9) Turns thumbscrew on diamond frame to raise diamond points equal distance from varnished roller.
- 10) Weighs diamond points on miniature scales and adds or removes washers to compensate for differences in weight.
- 11) Moves tracing arm through series of reference points on zinc plate, depresses pedal to mark corresponding crosses on roller, and examines marks on roller to verify alignment of diamond points.
- 12) Determines ground setting according to weight of fabric, type of design, and colors in design.
- 13) Records ground setting, length of roller, width of engraving, and circumference of roller on production sheet.
Is being a "PANTOGRAPH SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PANTOGRAPH SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PANTOGRAPH SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PANTOGRAPH SETTER"
Job Number: 7175