Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies fossilized remains of plants and animals found in geological formations to trace evolution and development of past life and identify geological formations according to nature and chronology: Recovers and assembles fossilized specimens, notes their positions, and classifies them according to their botanical or zoological family and probable age.
- 2) Prepares treatises on findings for furtherance of scientific study, or as in aid to location of natural resources, such as petroleum-bearing formations.
- 3) May organize scientific expeditions and supervise removal of fossils from deposits and matrix rock formations.
- 4) May specialize in study of plant fossils and be designated Paleobotanist.
- 5) May specialize in study of fossilized micro-organisms and be designated Micropaleontologist.
Is being a "PALEONTOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PALEONTOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PALEONTOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PALEONTOLOGIST"
Job Number: 7153