Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures: Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor or homeowner regarding painting.
- 2) Smooths surfaces, using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool, and removes old paint from surfaces, using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- 3) Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler, using caulking gun and putty knife.
- 4) Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
- 5) Removes fixtures, such as pictures and electric switchcovers, from walls prior to painting, using screwdriver.
- 6) Spreads dropcloths over floors and room furnishings, and covers surfaces, such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- 7) Paints surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers.
- 8) Simulates wood grain, marble, brick, or tile effects.
- 9) Applies paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
- 10) Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- 11) May be designated according to type of work performed as Painter, Interior Finish; Painter, Maintenance; or according to type of material used as Calciminer; Varnisher.
- 12) May also hang wallpaper and fabrics.
- 13) May wash surfaces prior to painting with mildew remover, using brush.
Is being a "PAINTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PAINTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PAINTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PAINTER"
Job Number: 10867